Twister OS Armbian 2.0.3
- Version 2.0.3
Version 2.0.3 patch notes:
Updated Discord app and icon
Updated Conky profile to show stats for 6 CPU cores
Improved audio quality of startup sounds
Added fix to address Box86/Steam GTK error
Added rice video plugin to Mupen64Plus
Added Twister OS wallpaper
Updated ThemeTwister to no longer require reboots when changing themes
Thanks to dangeruss26 for his wallpaper contribution
- Version 2.0.2
Version 2.0.2 patch notes:
Switched to Ubuntu repository version of LibreOffice to enable GTK support
Updated Discord app
Updated Twister 10 theme icons
Added/updated Twister OS wallpaper
Thanks to Botspot, Lightstrike, and phoenixbyrd for their wallpaper submissions
- Version 2.0.1
Version 2.0.1 patch notes:
Added a proper software store
Added Twister OS Armbian Patcher app
Added Vivaldi and Gnome Software to iTwister themes dock
Fixed a bug in DynamicWallpaper
Updated Twister 10 theme icons
Updated Discord icon and shortcut
Updated Twister OS graphics
Twister OS ArmbianTwister OS Armbian is a fully featured, fast and lightweight desktop OS based upon Armbian Focal 20.04.1 LTS (aarch64) for Rockchip RK3399-based and Odroid-N2/N2+ SBCs that is designed to work "out-of-the-box."
Requirements:- A RK3399-based SBC/development board with 4 GB of RAM and a 16 GB of microSD/eMMC storage is strongly recommended. (It is currently best supported on Rock Pi 4B, Rock Pi 4C, and RockPro64 boards)
Some of Twister OS Armbian's features and specifications include:- XFCE desktop environment with Xfwm4 window manager
- Latest Panfrost GPU drivers with desktop hardware acceleration
- OpenGL 3.1 is also supported with fully updated Mesa 21.1.0
- Kodi and MPV media players with built-in hardware acceleration support
- Installer for Chromium Media Edition via a Docker container for watching streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, Apple TV+, Hulu, Spotify, and others. (optional)
- ThemeTwister application to completely change the appearance of your OS. Choose from a variety of themes ranging from modern to nostalgic (a reboot is required when switching themes).
- Includes a number of retro gaming emulators -- PPSSPP, DOSBOX-X, Mednaffe, Mesen, Mupen64Plus, PCSX ReARMed, Retroarch (Tested functional, but not included), Redream, ScummVM, and many more...
- BOX86 with latest updates included for running x86-based software.
- uSD and eMMC booting supported. (RK3399 - NanoPi-M4 requires re-seat of HDMI cable on power on due to firmware limitations, and supports MicroSD at this time)
- A number of useful, carefully curated apps are included, such as: Steam, Lutris, Discord, My Android, Wine Desktop, USBImager, LibreOffice suite, Transmission, Gimp, MELD, VLC Player, Audacious, etc.
- A sample of games are also included for your enjoyment.
- Overclocking and hardware profile support out-of-the-box.
Known issues:- Bluetooth audio is not working
- Docker Container requires performing some extra steps to fix a no-HDMI audio issue. (Fixed via pavucontrol, and selecting proper output device)
- No hardware acceleration for video playback
General Instructions:- Download RK3399 image from twisteros.com
- Prepare your storage media for flashing
- Flash image with Balena-Etcher or USBImager
- Edit /boot/armbianEnV.txt file and select correct DTB file that matches your RK3399 board (Default DTB is RK3399-RockPi4B) | Case sensitive! | Example: rockchip/rk3399-rock-pi-4c.dtb
- After first boot, resize EXT4 partition using GParted or Disks utility (included)
- Default password is: asdasd